This snack is crunchy, savoury and satisfying. With its creamy and zesty zucchini-tahini dressing, and a little heat from a jalapeno, this cheesy cauliflower popcorn makes the perfect snack for a night in with a movie! Featuring turmeric, garlic, and apple cider vinegar, who says popcorn can't be healthy?
1 head of cauliflower
1 cup chopped zucchini
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 small clove of garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp tahini
1 tsp turmeric
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp coconut aminos or Bragg's soy sauce
1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
1/2 cup water
1-2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
1/2 jalapeno, seeded (optional)
chives - chopped (optional for garnish)
- Soak 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes and chia seeds (optional) in 1/2 cup water, for 15-30 minutes.
- Cut the cauliflower into small popcorn-size pieces.
- Place the zucchini, tahini, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, garlic, salt, nutritional yeast, jalapeno, and the chia seed/sun-dried tomato mixture into a blender.
- Blend until the ingredients have a smooth consistency.
- Using a large bowl, mix the dressing with the cauliflower until fully coated.
- Finely chop the rest of the sun-dried tomatoes and mix them with the cauliflower.
- Plate and garnish with chives.
Although this dish is delicious raw, for a sweeter, toasted version you can place your dressed cauliflower on a non-stick baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden brown. The more deeply caramelized the cauliflower gets, the sweeter it will taste.
Another excellent variation involves using a dehydrator to create a buttery chewy texture!
Recipe created by Jill Richards - Learn more about Jill on our Recipe Developers page!
Visit Jill's YouTube Channel and watch a video of her making this amazing recipe! WATCH HERE