RASPBERRY MACA BONS BONS (RAW, VEGAN)
These little gems are ultimate to anything you’ve ever tried that came in a box. Ladies and Gentlemen, these are the REAL, unprocessed, and unrefined Pot of Gold. The ingredients used below will not only give your sweet tooth a fix, but just ONE of these treats are packed with fiber, healthy fats, antioxidants, and a whack of vitamins and minerals. Unlike conventional bon bons, these tiny treats will give you energy and make you feel full with out filling you out. The star ingredients in here are Maca Root and Raw Cacao, which are fantastic for stamina, libido, and mood. Sexy chocolates = sexy time.
Maca root is part of the cruciferous family. It has been used as a stress-fighting adaptogen to regulate metabolism, increase stamina, boost libido, and combat fatigue.
Coconut butter is rich in lauric acid, which boosts immunity and destroys harmful bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It is also a metabolism and energy booster full of essential amino acids, calcium, magnesium and healthy fats to keep you feeling full longer.
Cashews are packed with dietary fiber, rich in “heart friendly” monounsaturated fatty acids and rich source of minerals. Also cashews are high in magnesium, copper, and antioxidants.
Raspberries offer a remarkable diversity of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients. They are also an excellent source of vitamin C, manganese, and dietary fiber.
Medjool dates are high in soluble fiber, making them useful for promoting healthy bowel movements, and high in iron for a good boost of energy.
Pink salt contains essential trace minerals, controls water levels in the body, aids digestion, and facilitates better nutrient absorption.
Raw cacao (found as the main ingredient in raw chocolate bars) is one of the most concentrated sources of antioxidants (6x more than blueberries) and is a great source of many key minerals such as magnesium, iron, chromium, manganese, zinc and copper.
Either a high speed blender or food processor
25 bon bons
1/2 Cup Raw Coconut Butter
1/2 Cup Raw Cashew Butter
1 Cup Raspberries
10 Medjool Dates
2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
2 Tb Maca Powder
1/2 Tsp Pink Salt
2 x 62g Bar of Dark Raw Chocolate (76% or more)
Ground goji berries
Ground nuts like hazelnuts or almonds
Shredded coconut flakes
Soak medjool dates in warm water for a couple of hours prior, this will help to soften them up for easier blending.
1. Prepare to melt coconut butter first by placing it in a jar, then place that jar in a bowl full of hot water. This will soften it up to a creamy consistency.
2. Place all of the filling ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until a caramel cream consistency. You may need to stop and scrape a couple times.
3. Use your spatula to pour the filling into a bowl and place the filling in the fridge for 4 hours, this will help harden it up slightly so it's ready to mould into bite sized balls.
4. To save time, prepare to melt the two bars of chocolate on a double boiler before you are ready to roll the filling into balls. (If you don't have a double boiler, make your own by using a saucepan full of enough water, and a nicely fitted bowl to go on top without it touching the water in the saucepan).
5. While chocolate is slowly melting, prepare a tray with parchment paper. Remove filling from fridge, it should be pliable, sort of like play dough. Begin to scoop out a tablespoon and roll it with your hands. Place on parchment paper.
6. When chocolate has fully melted, it's dipping time! This can be messy but so much fun! Get your garnish ingredients ready next to you. Take the balls and dip them into the chocolate using a spoon and fully coat them, then scoop them out and set them on the parchment paper and garnish right away as they harden almost immediately.
Keep them stored in the fridge until ready to enjoy… or ready to get frisky!
Recipe created by Maya Eid - Learn more about Maya on our Recipe Developers page!