These balls are one of my favorite treats around the holidays, they go great with hot apple cider curled up in front of the fire place. Be sure to make double batches for your friends and family, they will go fast!
8-10 pitted medjool dates
1 carrot, shredded
1 cup of shredded coconut
½ cup of coconut nectar (or maple syrup)
1 cup of almonds
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of cloves
1 tablespoon of cardamom
1 table spoon of nutmeg
1) Place all the ingredients except for ½ cup of coconut flakes in the food processor
2) Pulse for 1-2 minutes, or until mix becomes sticky, continue to stop and scrape the sides if you need to!
3) Transfer the mix into a large bowl
4) Roll the mix into little bite sized balls
5) Place the remaining coconut flakes onto a flat surface
6) Roll the balls in the coconut for a top coating
Recipe created by Bianca - Learn more about Bianca on our Recipe Developers page!