These are a perfect alternative to sushi! Sushi can be filled with processed ingredients like white rice, farmed fish and GMO soy. These are a great alternative and super healthy. Test out this recipe on some sushi lovers, and I am certain you will have them coming back for more!
Makes Approx. 6 per sheet used
I added some side toppings, fresh ginger and extra avocado instead of wasabi (I can’t handle the spiciness) but feel free to make your own fresh wasabi or add in any spices.
1. Prep the vegetables cutting them length wise, and into fine slices.
2. Place them each in small bowls
3. Soak the Reishi mushrooms in Coconut Aminos for a couple minutes
4. Place the Nori Sheet face up on a flat surface
5. At the end closest to you, place your first ingredient ( Note: think of the alfalfa sprouts as the rice substitute, so it goes on first- then add the vegetables how you would like)
6. Wet the end of the nori sheet with warm water
- Begin to roll the nori sheet, making sure it is tight and firm
- After you have rolled to the end, use a sharp knife to cut the roll down the middle
- Then, cut into smaller rolls
Recipe created by Bianca - Learn more about Bianca on our Recipe Developers page!