Have you been trying to quit coffee, but haven't found an acceptable alternative?
Now you have one!
100% caffeine-free, gluten free, No-GMO's, bitterness and acid free.
- It tastes remarkably like a rich, full-bodied cup of coffee
- It is caffeine free, and has no acidity or bitterness.
- It is the only herbal coffee substitute in the US that features both the health benefits of dandelion root and the rich, full-bodied flavor, smoothness and texture of real coffee. Many say that, because it lacks bitterness and acidity, it actually tastes better than coffee.
- It is made of water-soluble extracts of roasted roots of dandelion, chicory and beets, and the grains of barley and rye. Nothing else is added. While we make no claims for Dandy Blend other than that it is a delicious herbal beverage with the taste, body, and texture of coffee, the ingredients - dandelion, chicory and beet roots, and barley and rye grains - are all health-promoting foods respected throughout the world.
- It contains no gluten. Gluten, which is comprised of proteins that are not water-soluble, is left behind in the grounds to be composted during the extracting process, leaving Dandy Blend gluten-free.
The sweetness some perceive in Dandy Blend is primarily from the fructose that occurs naturally in the roots of dandelion and chicory. Many people require no additional sweeteners.
- It contains over 50 trace minerals in each cup, most of which the body uses to help synthesize compounds needed in metabolism.
There are no headaches or other withdrawal symptoms when switching from coffee to Dandy Blend. It is like switching from one brand of coffee to another. Most people generally can't tell that they aren't drinking coffee.
- On top of all this, Dandy Blend costs as little as 7 cents a cup - less, on a per cup basis, than coffee, or instant coffee alternatives that do not contain dandelion. To keep Dandy Blend affordable for everyone who already drinks coffee, we keep the price down as low as possible by distributing it directly. Dandy Blend supports Mom and Pop health food stores because they care for their customers personally.
Dandelion root is what makes Dandy Blend unique and so much better that it stands out from all other options available. It is the only instant coffee alternative in the United States that contains dandelion root. To Americans, dandelion may be considered a weed, but to people all over the world it is a valued vegetable and highly respected herbal medicine. It is one of the top six herbs in the Chinese medicine chest.
If your doctor or health practitioner has recommended that you give up coffee, and/or add dandelion to your diet, Dandy Blend is by far the easiest way to do that AND still continue enjoying the flavor and texture of a good "cuppa joe" at the same time.
With Dandy Blend, you are a winner in three ways
1. it tastes like coffee,
2. it costs the same or less than coffee,
3. and it is healthy
Below are a few answers to frequently asked questions about this product:
HOW CAN THERE BE NO GLUTEN WHEN IT CONTAINS BARLEY AND RYE?
This is the most frequently asked of all questions about Dandy Blend.
Dandy Blend is made of the water-soluble extracts of five ingredients; three roots and two grains (barley and rye), not from the ingredients themselves. The ingredients are roasted separately and then combined in prescribed proportions, placed into a vat, covered with hot water, and allowed to steep for a prescribed period of time. The water, with the soluble portions of all the components, is separated from the grounds and spray dried. The remaining fine brown powder left after the water is driven off is what becomes Dandy Blend. All the gluten and other water-insoluble substances are left behind in the grounds to be composted.
Hence, there is no gluten in Dandy Blend. Goosefoot Acres periodically submits samples of Dandy Blend to Elisa Technologies Laboratory in Florida, one of the most respected gluten testing labs in the United States for analysis, and so far, every test has come back gluten-free.
Therefore, from the standpoint of containing gluten, Dandy Blend is safe for celiac sufferers and other gluten-intolerant individuals.
What is the percentage of dandelion root in this blend?
The formula is proprietary, but we ca tell you that each cup of Dandy Blend contains 630 mg of combined dandelion and chicory extract. Dandelion and chicory are very closely related--the Italians call chicory Italian dandelions-- and have most of the same health promoting properties.
Are there any ingredients in Dandy Blend that can keep me from sleeping if I drink it right before bedtime?
There is nothing intentionally added, but enough people have reported that Dandy Blend gives them so much energy that they can't get to sleep if they drink it just before bedtime that it prompted us to include a warning on the package label. Our advice is to try it, and if it does that for you, determine when you should drink your last cup before bedtime.
Can you make dandy blend in a purcalotor?
No. It dissolves instantly in any hot or cold liquid. Just put a rounded teaspoon of the powder in the liquid and stir.
Why is Dandy Blend so good and so good for you?
The ingredients in Dandy Blend are what make it so healthy. They contain so many health-promoting properties that whatever the body needs seems to be there when it is needed.
* Dandelion is loaded with trace minerals and potassium, iron and calcium. Dandelion is reputed historically to be an excellent liver tonic and blood purifier, and one of the best diuretics, complete with its own potassium source. It is reported also to regulate the gastro-intestinal system, and is a good cure for anemia and acne. It also has the reputation for lowering serum cholesterol and blood pressure, eliminating gas and acid indigestion, aiding in weight loss,and counteracting certain cancerous tumors.
* Roasted Chicory promotes healthy digestion. It is food for the beneficial bacteria in the intestinal tract, and is reported to increase both digestion and nutrient absorption into the blood stream. Chicory also is rich in potassium, provides support to the immune system and promotes synthesis of B vitamins.
* Roasted beetroot detoxifies and builds blood. It also renews old blood with minerals and natural sugars. Beetroot contains betaine, which stimulates liver cells and protects the liver and bile ducts. It also is reputed to build red corpuscles and add tone to the blood. It is rich in phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin A and C and other nutrients. Beetroot also has a significant tumor-inhibiting effect. According to an article in the Feb 27 1996 issue of Cancer Letters. The combined findings suggest that beetroot ingestion can be one of the useful means for preventing cancer.
* Barley and rye are very nutritious grains and a rich source of protein and B complex vitamins. Barley is good for urinary tract disorders as well, and is very useful in fevers and all inflammatory conditions because of its soothing properties. It helps heal the digestive system and digest starchy foods, and is also good for treating urinary disorders like nephritis and cystitis. Possibly most important, because the ingredient is the water soluble extracts free from gluten, and not the whole grains of barley and rye, those who normally couldn't benefit from the nutrients in barley and rye can by drinking Dandy Blend.